Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Death, Decay, and Insanity

Booper Dooper and hello!

Wow! Two blog posts in one day?! It must be a holiday! Nope just finally have some poems to post and some free time at a family gathering to jump online and upload. It's my way of making up for my absence over the last few weeks.

The poem featured in this post is my newest one which is titled, Death, Decay and Insanity. This poem really has no set inspiration just thought of the main premise while sitting up in my room late one night, I believe it was storming. The poem, at least to me, represents a person deemed strange and even a bit crazy by society's standards talking to a "normal" person until the "normal" one notices that they slowly have become just as crazy as the one they mocked over time. Now that is how I interpret the poem personally, it is not the only way this poem can be seen as representing as I am not a writer to say there is a right or wrong answer to a poems meaning. I hope you enjoy the poem and may you remain crazy.


Death, Decay and Insanity

The roses are dead
The violets are rotten
I’ve gone crazy,
Or have you forgotten?

The garden has burned
And the animals are dead
But when will you realize
That it’s all in your head?

No one sees it
But it’s always there
Lurking in the darkness
But no one knows where

Everywhere you look
Everything you see
It’s never there for you
But it’s always for me

I’m crazy you say
With death all around me,
But soon you will notice
That you have become me
 
Well hope you enjoyed this poem! Glad I was able to share this with you and as always, Pip pip tu dooly doo and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment