Friday, January 6, 2017

The asylum walls

Booper Dooper and welcome back to my blog! Now I know it has been awhile and I'm sorry for that but it's a new year and I plan to update this at least once a month! So below is something I wrote back in high school for my creative writing class, the same class that I started this blog for!  know one of the only ones who will see this is my old teacher Ms. Nelson so HI! :D I do plan on getting my blog out there a bit more this coming year as I also plan to compile some of my short stories and poems and submit them in an attempt to be published! I do understand its one heck of a goal but its also been my dream to be published and I hope to one day achieve that! Not really planning on making any serious money off it but it would still be nice! So below I have posted a picture, This picture is the soul inspiration for the story below it, the scene was created with this picture and all aspects of the story stem from it! Hope you enjoy!




Walking through the eerie hallway, seeing the writing on the walls, the broken glass and bricks under your feet. If it’s quiet enough you can hear the echoing screams of the ones once kept trapped within these walls. One can only imagine the people once walking this hallway, now nothing but a memory. Some say in halls like this the screams can be heard clear as day, echoing through every hole in the now crumbling walls. If you aren’t careful a ghost or rather a demon could emerge from any of the rusted, tattered, steel doors. Forever haunted by the nightmares of the patients, the screams of pain or even just insanity traveling through. Light peaking through the many holes in the ceiling, at night who knows what may fly or crawl through those halls to take shelter, or whether it will remain there come morning. Plants beginning to inch into the halls from holes in the walls, twists and turns covered in glass, and debris. A run down wheel chair could be around any corner. Every turn or bend in the halls is a mystery, what you could find there is almost endless. Writing on the walls saying stuff like “Let me out”, “Set me free”, “they’re coming for you”, and “Save me” though most is added by people who visit after its been shut down, it does add to the spooky and creepy atmosphere.  What once was a clean, busy establishment is now a place many visit to scare their friends or attempt to find a ghost or two. The patients are remembered by the rooms they spent a good chunk of their lives depending what they were there for, and of course the ghost people claim to haunt such a place. Night falls and what was just a creepy old building to begin with is now something straight from the depths of hell. The only light, if any, comes from the moon shining through the gaping hole above you, light from above the beams are creating shadows on the floor who knows what hides in the darkness. At night the ghost stories fill your mind, all becoming more and more scary with each time you go over them. Every little sound spooks you, the wind whistling through the halls sends a chill down your spine, a rat or bird knocking something over causing your heart rate to increase. Should you stay or should you go? Every step is filled with crunching rocks, bricks, breaking glass shards, and even a dead rat or two. A doll left in a room by a patient, very weathered and worn from years of being left out in the open with who knows what messing with it. There are operating rooms as well, rusted rails on the sides of a bed, holes covering the mattress. Some old tools and a table near spilled near the bed, old blood stains on the floor, the mattress as well. Many rumors are around on what exactly happened in these operating rooms, seeing it face to face only makes the rumors of torture and murder seem more likely. Going through other rooms there are tattered furniture scattered everywhere, some old cans of food, maybe even a twinkie here and there.  Some people lived most of their lives here, now here is you, walking through the halls they lived and died in, the insanity starts to get to you after a while and you walk out into the light with a whole new perspective on life behind not just those walls, but any wall.

Well there you have it! Hope you all enjoyed the story and may it fuel the nightmares for days to come!

I'd also like to take this time to thank Ms. Nelson for pushing me to not only continue my blog but also continue my writing after many years and teachers discouraged me. I'm finally confident in my work again and am more open to sharing it with the world! Thank you Ms. Nelson, for believing in me, making sure I never gave up, for everything!

Like always thank you for reading! Pip pip tu doodly doo and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment